We are committed to providing the best possible service to our clients.
1. Goods are accurately described on our site. If a product is found to have defects which mean it does not meet the description provided to our client we will refund the full cost of the product, but excluding postage costs, providing the product is returned to us within 14 days of receipt by our client and provided we have been notified that the goods are defective. Returns without prior notification to us may not be refundable (at our discretion).
2. Goods will be despatched within 48 hours of clearance of funds received from our client. Manner of delivery will be determined between us and our client prior to despatch and quoted delivery costs will be honoured.
3. Credit card payments can only be made via Paypal. Please contact us by email with your order and we will bill you via Paypal's secure site.
4. Cheques (personal or bank) will only be accepted in Australian Currency , except by prior arrangement. There is a Currency Conversion fee of AU$15 imposed by our bank on each currency conversion. We cannot absorb this fee on foreign currency transactions on this site and it must be added to the price of the book if sending in foreign currency. Check the current conversion rate on our real time Currency Convertor .
5. No Credit Card information or any other client information is kept on our server. All client information is kept in the strictest confidence and is never offered to any other person or company. This includes E-mail addresses. E-mail addresses left by visitors in our Guestbook are altered by our software to remove the @ symbol so that spammers cannot pick them up from there. Please see separate Privacy Statement .
6. We do not employ the use of "cookies" on this site. (A "cookie" is a file generated by a website which resides on your computer and provides information to the sending site about each of your visits and how you navigate their site). No record is kept of your visit to our website and no personal data about you is gathered. We do use a tracking system which shows us the number of people visiting our site, and which pages they viewed. This is for our own use only and does not collect specific information about each visitor.
7. Sage Old Books is a family Partnership wholly owned and operated by Ian M Bates and Lorraine R Bates. The business is registered in Queensland, Australia (Registered Business #BN17050133] and has the Australian Business Number [ABN] 51 325 658 987. We have been in business since 1986 (previously as SAGE Holdings).
8. Clients within Australia are reminded that, when buying from within Australia, you are covered by Australian consumer protection laws.
9. Quotes for book restoration and /or repairs cannot be final until we receive the book in our hands. Any quotes given before we receive the book are estimates only and are subject to change if subsequent examination of the book reveals matters which we were not fully aware of. If a quote needs to be revised we will not proceed with the work until a firm price has been established with our client.
10. Books held on our premises for repair or restoration are covered by our business insurance policy for the market value of the book in the condition it was in when received. No insurance cover is provided to cover "sentimental" value or potential market value when restored. Books returned by post from our premises are covered by postal insurance. Books sent to us must be insured by the sender to have any insurance cover (this is highly recommended).
11. Books deposited with us for repair or restoration which are inadvertently damaged or degraded by us while in our care are covered by our business insurance policy as per item 10, above. While every care is taken with client's property the nature of book repair and restoration means that some processes could potentially degrade the value of the book. These potential dangers are discussed with the client prior to starting the restoration.
12. Our workshop meets insurance security standards and has electronic security alarms installed. Valuable materials are secured in a safe.
If you have any questions not answered by the above Policy Statement, please feel free to ask. Phone us on +61 (0)7 54854166, write to us at PO Box 51 Pomona, Qld, 4568, Australia, or e-mail us at sage_at_sageold.com.au